HR Advisor - 1 year FTC
£35000.00 to £35000.00 per year
HR Advisor – XLN TELECOM
XLN Business Services is an award-winning company and the UK’s fastest growing independent telecom service provider focusing on the micro-SME sector. We supply business phone lines, mobile, business broadband, card processing terminals & energy to more than 130,000 customers. We’re one of the fastest growing, most highly decorated young companies in the UK and recently recognised by the prestigious Best Companies to Work For survey.
As the HR Advisor at XLN, your responsibilities will include the provision of effective day to day advice, guidance and administration on various HR matters with particular emphasis on grievance, disciplinary and ER issues. You will be confident in delivering quality advice on HR policy and processes, building a rapport with key stake holders with the ability to seamlessly integrate with their business area. You will be working alongside a fantastic and supportive HR team to passionately promote HR and good practice throughout XLN.
Work Hard, Play Hard
XLN is an amazing place to work. XLN provides an opportunity to be part of a team which is driven to support small businesses like no other. We are looking for exceptional people to join us on our journey in making a difference to Britain’s small businesses by being on their side. We believe great companies are built on great people and we pride ourselves in rewarding ambition, talent and results.
Why Join the XLN team?
XLN are passionate about our people and their journey. Our leader led, personality approach encourages people to bring their true selves to learn and earn. We have a simple mantra that everyone follows at every stage of the XLN journey: “Learn by example. Teach by example. Lead by example.” We are committed to personal and professional development by giving excellent formal opportunities. At XLN, we almost promote exclusively from within. We’re different like that, but progression only works because we invest in our career. At XLN, your career is in safe hands.
Our people prosper from a number of core benefits provided to offer security in relation to income and healthcare as well as an array of discounts, bonus holidays and money can’t buy experiences including trips abroad, visits to Wimbledon, Grand Prix and other sporting events.
What will be your key deliverables?
As an HR Advisor at XLN, your responsibilities will include the provision of effective day to day advice, guidance and administration on various HR matters with particular emphasis on grievance, disciplinary and ER issues:
- Act as a first line advisor in the resolution of grievance, disciplinary matters and employee relations seeking the guidance of the HR Manager or Head of HR when required.
- Provide proactive advice for the management in connection with attendance and performance issues, supporting managers and employees to find appropriate solutions.
- Provide education and coaching relating to company HR processes to line managers.
- Assist the Head of HR with HR projects and initiatives in support of key objectives and business plans
- Ensure all HR practices, advice and guidance provided to management and key stakeholders are aligned with the business strategy.
- Producing accurate and timely reports to the business including analysing data and providing feedback to the business areas accordingly.
To be successful in this role, you’ll ideally have:
- CIPD qualified or working towards.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a generalist HR role, preferably within a contact centre environment.
- Managing employee relation cases through to completion.
- Analysis and interpretation of workforce information, supporting managers in delivering effective HR solutions and drive improvement in performance.
- Understanding of HR policies and procedures.
- Experience working within an onsite HR team or function
- HR systems knowledge
- A professional approach with the ability to build strong effective relationships
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with confidence to liaise with management at all levels of the business.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Current knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
To help the UK’s small businesses survive and thrive.
Here at XLN we have 5 core values – Professionalism, Reliability, Integrity, Dedication, Efficiency.
PRIDE as we like to call it. So whether dealing with customers, talking to each other or simply just going about your everyday work, do it with PRIDE